Untethered Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 with Evasi0n - Evasi0n, the tool to jailbreak developed by Evad3rs, has been updated to version 1.4 to support iOS 6.1.2 was recently released by Apple to fix some bugs in iOS 6.1. In this article we are going to publish a walk through of the program that will help you to jailbreak untethered iOS 6.1.2 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 using Evasi0n for Mac
CAUTION: If you have an iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPod touch fourth generation upgraded to iOS jailbreak tethered with 6.0.x/6.1 performed with Redsn0w, you can directly follow this simple guide to jailbreak you will convert your tethered jailbreak to untethered in in a few moments.
As we said, to follow we provide a comprehensive guide that will help you untethered jailbreak your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) updated to firmware 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1 or 6.1.2 with the tool Evasi0n 1.5 in the Windows version.
- If you have done the jailbreak iOS 6.1 with Evasi0n, then you first need to restore ( guide ) to iOS 6.1.2 original (preferably starting from DFU mode - read here how to do it) and then run the jailbreak with Evasi0n 1.4. It is important to perform a full backup of the contents of the iPhone before proceeding with the initial restore, with the upgrade, and then with the jailbreak of iOS 6.1.2.
- The jailbreak executable with "Evasi0n" type is untethered ( more information );
- "Evasi0n" run the jailbreak iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 (only for iPhone 5 and iPad mini) 6.1 and 6.1.2;
- To restart the device does not need a computer;
- The jailbreak works on firmware in use: do not restore the software will be needed;
- Before proceeding, we recommend a backup and synchronization with iTunes and iCloud;
- For safety, turn off the passcode lock device (if connected) before proceeding with the jailbreak;
- Before proceeding you should follow ALL the instructions HERE .
Users can run the jailbreak untethered iOS 6.1/6.1.2 with Evasi0n on the following devices:
- iPhone 3GS (old bootrom);
- iPhone 3GS (new bootrom);
- iPhone 4;
- iPhone 4S;
- iPhone 5;
- iPod touch fourth generation;
- IPod touch fifth generation;
- iPad mini;
- iPad 2;
- iPad third generation;
- iPad fourth generation;
- Apple TV second generation.
- An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad updated to iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1 or 6.1.2 ( download );
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later versions;
- Evasi0n 1.4 for Mac .
Note : once you jailbreak, be careful what you install. In the event that Apple should release a hypothetical iOS 6.1.3, the signatures for the previous firmware would be blocked within a few hours / days. This means that in the event that it proves necessary to reset the device, you will necessarily have to upgrade, thus losing the chance to perform again, unless you have saved SHSH certificates for iOS 6.1.2 as shown in this guide (which still is not enough on devices with A5 processor or later).
How to jailbreak iOS 6.0.x/6.1
1. Download "Evasi0n" from the link suggested above or by clicking here . Once the download is complete run the application on your Mac
2. Connect your device to your Mac OS X and press the " Jailbreak ". The tool performs all operating completely automatically, without the user having to manually enter DFU mode.
3. The process is finished, your iPhone will reboot and the program will begin to send the files needed to install the loader for iOS Evasi0n that will be featured on the home device. Warning: even if the iPhone will be open to all intents and purposes, is important not to use it during this process! This operation may take several minutes. Do not touch the iPhone!
4. Finished transferring files, do not disconnect the device from your computer. Now just open the ' Application "jailbreak" installed on your iPhone. It is a sort of loader (just as happened with Greenpois0n, Limera1n and the latest Absinthe) that connects directly to the site of Evad3rs and allows the installation of Cydia.
5. Once the process is completed, the icon of "Jailbreak" will be removed and you will find Cydia on your Home.
And that's it! You have completed the process of jailbreak Cydia and now should be on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad updated to iOS 6.0.x/6.1.
If you have not already done so, moreover, we suggest you watch our video guide to jailbreak untethered iOS 6/6.1.x to understand, specifically, what steps are required to install Cydia on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad updated the firmware in question.
After you perform the unlock operation, however, we recommend that you find out the top ten tweak for jailbroken iPhone iOS 6 and try it now after the jailbreak. Find them all in this video our dedicated and ready waiting for you on the Cydia Store for download.